Association of the Krosno Development Sport
„ACADEMY OF THE PHYSICAL RECREATION OF THE BORDERLAND – THROUGH SPORT AND RECREATION TOWARDS COOPERATION AND INTEGRATION”
The increase in the quality of life and promotion of health amongst the Polish – Slovak communities of the borderland, including the promotion of sports activity of disabled people and the elderly, through creation of physical recreation paths, creation of qualified, cross-border team of physical recreation instructors, and of interactive tools: a web portal along with the mobile instructional application.
1. Establishing and tightening the cross-border cooperation of non-governmental organizations and colleges in Poland and on Slovakia in the field of sport and recreation through the educational-training program and the recreational infrastructure.
2. Creating the conditions for practicing physical recreation through the new offer (creation of the physical recreation paths and creation tools for independent performance of physical exercises – of the mobile instructional application)
3. Developing the formula and practical instruments of implementing the long-term cross-border cooperation at the level of sports and recreation, and popularizing the information base about the scope and possible forms of physical activity in the area of the Polish-Slovak borderland along with the improvement of attractiveness and the image of areas covered by the scope of the impact of the project in relation to the available offers of physical recreation by creating a web portal.
The following target groups are addressees of the project:
- Residents of the Polish – Slovak borderland: women and men, including disabled people and elderly people, tourists using created paths of the physical recreation, mobile instructional application, participating in the recreational competition.
- Tourists, community of the Polish – Slovak borderland, marginalized groups (people with disabilities, people over 50 years of age), using the functionality of the web portal, by which will be provided information about the recreational offer of the borderland, the opportunity to express the opinion on critical issues related to the sports activity of the Polish-Slovak
- Participants of the instructor’s course, animators of physical recreation upgrading their qualifications,
- Project group which will establish direct contacts with representatives of partner organizations, will exchange experience, views widening by that their knowledge and abilities, among others, organizational, interpersonal, linguistic,
- Non-governmental organizations and colleges of the Polish-Slovak borderland using from experience of the cooperation of partner entities in this project, taking an example from established cooperation
- Self-government units gaining paths of the physical recreation and the qualified instructor’s staff on their area and thus a new offer in terms of recreational tourism.
- Spectators, fans of I Cross-Border Nordic Walking, in which will be seeded a desire for the active involvement in subsequent initiatives of this type undertaken by partner organizations.
The project will indirectly influence organizations, institutions promoting the recreational activity and commerce institutions, tourist organizations due to the increase attractiveness of the borderland region.
MODULE I – ORGANIZATION OF PHYSICAL RECREATION INSTRUCTORS’ COURSE
(Krosno/ Presov) – Technical trainings (general – 100 h) and specialized (150 h).
A purpose of the course is to provide participants with the knowledge and technical and methodological abilities needed to teach physical recreation. The course will end up with obtaining a card confirming acquired instructor’s qualifications.
MODULE II – CREATION THE PATH OF PHYSICAL RECREATION IN KROSNO AND PRESOV
The paths of physical recreation will constitute excellent source of exercises in the fresh air. They will be publicly available, intended for walking, running and the completion of physical exercises.
MODULE III – CREATION OF INTERACTIVE TOOLS OF THE PROJECT:
- CREATION OF COMPENDIUM OF AVAILABLE RECREATIONAL OFFERS IN THE AREA OF THE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION USING A WEB PORTAL
- CREATION AND PROMOTION OF THE MOBILE INSTRUCTIONAL APPLICATION
MODULE IV – ORGANIZATION OF I CROSS-BORDER NORDIC WALKING ON THE ROUTE OF PHYSICAL RECREATION PATH
Participants: community of the Polish – Slovak borderland, including disabled people and the elderly. Division of sports rivalry because of gender, age, and the condition. There are predicted 5 groups (M) and 5 groups (F)
Products of the project:
3. Promotional Folder
4. Internet portal
5. Mobile instructional application
6. Signs on the route of physical recreation
7. Information board along with the rules of use
8. Equipment (paths of physical recreation)
9. Organizations involved in the project implementation
10. Recreational path
12. Prizes for contestants of I Cross-Border Nordic Walking
Results of the project:
1. Participants of I Cross-Border Nordic Walking
2. The number of people who used from physical recreation paths during the duration of the project (4 months)
3. The number of people who downloaded the instructional application durind the duration of the project
4. Number of inputs to the web portal during the duration of the project
The influence of the project will be perceptible on both sides of the border due to:
- Trained, as a part of the project cross –border instructors’ staff of physical recreation, which will strengthen the development potential of the region in the field of sports-recreational activities contributing to the popularization of a healthy lifestyle amongst community of the Polish – Slovak borderland.
- Direct participants of the instructor’s course from Poland and Slovakia, who will acquire qualifications enabling them, the employment (and thus reduce the percentage of unemployed people in the border areas),
- Creating the trilingual mobile instructional application, supporting the self-reliance in performing exercises, encouraging residents of the borderland to the physical activity. The Slovak language version and the extent of the impact, which is giving us putting the application on a web portal, are guaranteeing the use of application by citizens of Slovakia,
- The increase in attractiveness of borderland region associated with the creation of a new recreational infrastructure and thus increases the number of tourists,
- Participation of residents (PL, SK) in I Cross-Border Nordic Walking discipline, which is combining both two nationalities and all age groups, social etc.. Establishing a direct contact will contribute to integration of borderland community and the elimination of all prejudices and stereotypes.
- the exchange of knowledge and experience of partner organizations in implementation of projects, creating appropriate mechanisms of cooperation being used for an achievement of the goals eliminating problems, the barriers in the development of the borderland,
- Continuation of the cooperation of partner organizations, which will lead to the implementation of further initiatives of a similar nature and establishing the cooperation of other non-governmental organizations, colleges, local government units, which the current co-operation will give rise to action for. The project will directly contribute to the creation of cross-sectorial networks of Polish-Slovak partner subjects. Included partnerships for the project and its effective implementation are the guarantee of stable cross-border networks cooperation.
- the creation of a web portal (Polish, Slovak and English-language version),serving the communication of communities on both sides of the border and for current monitoring of changes which are taking place in the field of physical activity of community, what enables rapid response to emerging threats of stagnation or regress.
- promotion of the project in Poland and on Slovakia (press, web portals) and distribution on both sides of the border of posters and promotional folder, which will contribute to the popularization of the idea of Polish-Slovak cooperation aiming to the improvement of quality of life of residents and the promotion of the borderland based on the offer of the physical recreation.
Role of partners:
1. Ensuring the common staff of the project
2. Technical support
3. Co-organization of instructor’s course of recreation on the area of Slovakia,
4. Help in the recruitment of the course participants
5. The participation of the coaching staff (of coaches of the instructor’s course) from Slovakia
6. Providing the premises to run the course
7. Supporting activities aimed at creating paths of the physical recreation
8. Supporting activities promoting the project on the area of Slovakia